Step Up Day
The Dudley MathTalk Trail
1st and 5th Grade Publishing Party
Family Literacy Night
Parents, guardians, aunts, uncles, grandparents gather every year for Math Night and Literacy Night. Students teach family members what they are learning through games and activities.
Dudley Street School teachers celebrated National “coming out” Day in support of undocumented families. #UnafraidEducators #UnafraidBPS #UnafraidBTU #SanctuarySchools #MAedu
Opening Night at Dudley branch of Bank of America
Student artwork lines the walls!
Founding Partner: Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative
BPE and Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative (DSNI) together co-founded Dudley Street School. DSNI is a nonprofit community-based planning and organizing entity rooted in the Roxbury/North Dorchester neighborhoods of Boston. DSNI works to implement resident-driven plans partnering with nonprofit organizations, community development corporations, businesses and religious institutions serving the neighborhood, as well as banks, government agencies, corporations and foundations.
Dudley Street School is governed by a board with strong ties and commitments to the Dudley community.
Vice-chair: Hakim Harris, Project Management, John Hancock Financial
Co-chair: Joceline Fidalgo: Resource Development Director
Joshua Biber, Advisor, Toolbox Foundation
Keith Henderson, Parent of DSNCS Student, Health Benefit Analyst, City of Boston
Sophonia Lucien, Parent of DSNCS Student
Jamila Mitchell, Parent of DSNCS Student
Aida Villar, DSNCS Teacher
Upcoming Board Meetings
December 19. 2023
February 6, 2024
March 19. 2024
April 30, 2024
June 18, 2024
All meetings will take place on Zoom, unless otherwise noted
All meetings run from 5:00-7:00PM
To view board minutes from previous years, please contact BPE: email@example.com
Upcoming Committee Meetings
January 30, 2024
March 5, 2024
April 23, 2024
June 11, 2024
February 21, 2024
May 15, 2024
February 27, 2024
May 7, 2024
March 12, 2024
May 14, 2024
Minutes from Past Committee Meetings
November 9, 2022
October 12, 2022
Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators.
We are seeking talented individuals to lead our schools, teach in our classrooms, support our students, and lead at the organizational level. We invite you to become a partner in our work. Please visit the links below to learn more about current opportunities.
We are a Boston Public School and an in-district, Horace Mann charter school offering an exceptional education in the Dudley neighborhood of Roxbury.
Founded in 2012 by BPE, in partnership with Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative, we serve 325 students in grades K1-5.
We form a PreK-12 neighborhood pathway with Dearborn STEM Academy.
We are a BPE Teaching Academy in which residents from Boston Teacher Residency partner with experienced teachers to deliver ambitious instruction in each classroom. Teachers have opportunities to observe one another’s work, receive feedback on their teaching, engage in cycles of inquiry, analyze data, reflect on practice, support and push each other to grow.
Key features of our school:
- Dudley Street School forms a PreK-12 neighborhood pathway with Dearborn STEM Academy, which moved to a brand new state-of-the-art STEM facility in 2018.
- Instructional Coaches lead a flexible and collaborative staffing model.
- Our 4th and 5th grades employ a team teaching approach, allowing teachers to focus on either math or ELA in order to better serve students.
- We have a dedicated Special Education and ESL teacher for each grade level team.
- Our school day features more time for teaching and learning through an extended school day.
- We offer strong socio-emotional support through Responsive Classroom curriculum and school partner agencies.
- We maintain strong partnerships with community organizations and other schools in the Dudley neighborhood.
- Family engagement opportunities include a literacy night and a math night in which parents can experience classroom instruction
- Dudley street is now a Tier 1 school! Learn more here.
Looking for the State’s Annual Report Card? Click here.
Founded in 2012 by BPE, in partnership with Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative, we serve 325 scholars in grades K1-5.
Boston Plan for Excellence drives exceptional outcomes for all students by developing great teachers and great schools.
Student success. Nothing less.