BTR combines a yearlong classroom apprenticeship with targeted master’s level coursework to provide you with the hands-on experience, feedback, evaluation and ongoing post-graduate support critical to a successful career in teaching. Upon graduation, you will join a network of more than 600 teachers who are among the most effective in Massachusetts.
We recruit talented recent college graduates as well as career changers.
During the Residency Year, Residents:
• Co-teach with collaborating teachers and experienced teacher educators
• Earn a M.Ed. awarded by UMass Boston
• Earn MA Initial Teacher Licensure
• Receive a living stipend and health benefits
A three year commitment to the BPS earns graduates:
• BTR program cost waived
• Continuing professional development and new teacher support
• Membership in a growing alumni network comprised of principals, teacher leaders and thought leaders
BTR prepares teachers for:
- Elementary (grades 1-5)
- English – Secondary
- Math – Secondary
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and MS General Science