In return for their service, corps members receive:
- A modest living allowance of approximately $1,800 per month, up to $20,000 for the 2023-24 program year
- Individual health insurance
- An Eli Segal Education Award of up to $6,895 (for program year 2023-24) upon successful completion of service to be used for eligible education expenses
- Extensive professional development, training, and leadership skill building
Eligible candidates must:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Hold a high school diploma or GED by the start of the program
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident alien
- Agree to state & federal background checks
Program Start Date
The 2023-2024 service year will start August 1st, 2023.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
AmeriCorps funding covers the corps member stipend, individual health insurance plan, and the Segal Education Award. Every three years, AmeriCorps programs re-apply for funding.