- Great Teachers
- Great Schools
- Great Results
Strategic School Partnerships
BPE has recently concentrated its work in a small group of strategic partner schools. By combining BPE resources—including our residents, instructional coaching, data services, teacher study groups, and leadership coaching—we’re helping this group of schools transform themselves in ways that are significant, sustainable, and replicable.
Partner schools agree to a shared vision of coherent, data-driven, ambitious instruction. BPE, in turn, commits to hold itself accountable for how much students learn in every partner school.
Our whole-school supports include:
- intensive data support, including school-wide, grade-level, and classroom-level analyses of student performance to guide decisions and assess progress.
- facilitation to help teams of teachers make sense of data and use that information to inform their teaching through an inquiry approach.
- support to school leaders as they examine patterns in student achievement, set improvement goals, and build the capacity of teacher teams to improve outcomes.
- teacher leadership courses that help experienced teachers build the skills they need to lead and mentor colleagues.
- placement of graduates from our residency program at the school site, ensuring the school has a cadre of high-quality staff.
- content-specific coaching for graduates of our residency program and their colleagues.
Four of our partner schools host large cohorts of Boston Teacher Residents. These Residency Affiliate Schools agree to support up to 20 aspiring teachers (“residents”) each year, providing on-site training in a team-based clinical preparation model. In addition to the supports above, these schools benefit from:
- additional highly skilled, carefully trained, and committed adults in classrooms, who increase the school’s adult-to-student ratio and contribute to students’ learning.
- structured observation, feedback, and coaching for teacher residents, collaborating teachers, and other staff.
- one-on-one tutoring for struggling students, provided by teacher residents.
* Residency Affiliate Schools
** BTR Teaching Academy