*Purchase uniforms for fall 2017 at JBPride Pop Up Store – click for info
Dudley Street School Uniform Policy
– (every scholar must have the following):
- Navy, polo-style shirt with Dudley Street School logo (available for purchase at JB Edward Uniforms).
- Khaki-colored (tan) pants, shorts, “skorts” or skirts that are at least one inch below the knee.
- SOLID BLACK OR WHITE rubber-soled shoes or sneakers
– (scholars may choose to wear the following in addition to the mandatory school dress code)
- Blue sweatshirt, vest or sweater with the Dudley Street School logo.
- White, black, grey, or navy blue, undershirt.
- Scholars may wear a plain, long sleeved shirt beneath their Dudley Street School polo shirt during the colder months of the year.
- Chains and necklaces may only be worn beneath scholars’ shirts.
The Dudley Street School uniform policy applies during all school days and during all school-sponsored events. The uniform policy has been adopted to improve the educational environment for all scholars. We believe school uniforms:
- foster a sense of school identity and community;
- prepare scholars for the expectations related to professional attire that future institutions, organizations and employers will have;
- ensure that our scholars focus on learning instead of clothing;
- increase school safety and security by making the presence of visitors/outsiders immediately apparent;
- reduce the cost of clothing for families.
The uniform policy is strictly enforced. The school does not allow any exceptions. Please read the uniform policy and purchase school clothing accordingly.
Scholars who are not in uniform are not allowed to attend their classes. Families of scholars who are not in uniform will be asked to bring the proper attire to school.
*Uniform items will be sold throughout the year at JB Edward Uniforms West Roxbury store (28 Corey Street) and online (www.jbedwarduniforms.com). Orders placed online can be delivered directly to Dudley Street School for pick up.
Lisa Martin, a Dudley Street School parent and Family Council member, owns an embroidery business, Make It Personal Designs. Families have the option of buying plain navy blue polo shirts and having them embroidered by Ms. Martin. Ms. Martin can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families with questions or concerns about the uniform policy can contact the Principal.
Dudley Street School faculty members have the right to restrict individual items of clothing as necessary if such clothing interferes with normal school activities.