When we launched the school in 2012, just 29% of students entered reading on grade level. At the end of the 2015-16 school year:
- 64% of students were reading on grade level. 1/3 of the school’s students, across grade levels, were reading at least one STEP / F&P level above their grade level expectation.
- 76% of students met or exceeded growth targets for reading
- 91% of families attended spring teacher conferences
- 80% of rising 4th and 5th graders enrolled in our summer program
- PARCC assessment outcomes were higher than BPS overall in both math and English
- School attendance was 96%, which is among the highest of all BPS schools
- 928 students applied for 44 spots for the upcoming school year
Additionally, many of our 4th and 5th graders are accepted into Advanced Work programs within Boston Public Schools.