In return for their service, corps members receive:
- A modest living allowance of approximately $1,000 per month, up to $12,500 for the year
- Individual health insurance
- An Eli Segal Education Award of up to $5,775 upon successful completion of service to be used for eligible education expenses
- Extensive professional development, training, and leadership skill building
Eligible candidates must:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Hold a high school diploma or GED by the start of the program
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident alien
- Agree to state & federal background checks
Program Start Date
The 2017-2018 service year will start in July.
If you have questions, please contact Aaron Spencer at email@example.com or (617) 275-0783.
AmeriCorps funding covers the corps member stipend, individual health insurance plan, and the Segal Education Award. Every three years, AmeriCorps programs re-apply for funding.