Each year we provide many opportunities for students to experience a college campus and to learn about various careers. In addition, it is our expectation that students complete at least one college course and participate in a job internship before graduating from Dearborn.
Over the 2015-2016 school year our students participated in the following experiences:
NACAC College Fair at Boston Convention Center
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
University of New Orleans
Dearborn STEM Academy College Fair
All High School students – 15 colleges were represented.
- Ace Mentor Program at Wentworth University Weekly program in which students explore math, science, engineering at Wentworth institute. Students produced a final project at the end of the course.
- UMass Boston Urban Scholars Program Homework support at UMass Boston. Summer courses and college visits, seminars on college prep.
- Bunker Hill Community College, Wentworth Institute of Technology and Fisher College Dual enrollment programs
- Children’s Hospital Nurse for a Day Program
- National Honor Society
- Summer Search Students participate in Outward Bound, a wilderness adventure program, over the summer. The following summer they travel internationally or attend an out-of-state college program
Grades 10-11: students interned at the following workplaces:
- State Street Bank
- Boston Bar Association
- Judicial Youth Corps at Jon Adams Courthouse
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital